I have admittedly felt like I am in a blog rut the past few months. It may be a form of writer’s block, or perhaps it’s that time of year when I am so focused on my work that I feel less creative. What can I write about in the gray and foggy weather of January and February? Does anyone even read my blog anymore? As someone who has been blogging for 3+ years, I can say this is something I go through periodically. I need to remind myself that this spring, I have many adventures to look forward to, that I hope will also be interesting and inspiring to others.
So I was excited to learn that I’d been nominated for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award by A.M.B., who authors the blog The Misfortune of Knowing. I have been following her blog for nearly six months, and have enjoyed her posts on books, her insightful perspectives on the law, and her reflections on raising identical twin daughters (and a toddler as well). One of the things I have enjoyed most about blogging has been connecting with others throughout the world with similar interests and passions. Although I may not comment on too many posts, there are dozens of bloggers that I appreciate, and I would like to acknowledge their work.
Here’s how the award works:
- Display the award logo;
- Link to the person who nominated you;
- State seven facts about yourself;
- Nominate and link to fellow bloggers.
Seven Random Facts about Me:
- The last red meat I ever ate was a Burger King hamburger in November 1995.
- I am a former intercollegiate pole vaulter.
- Every morning, I drink exactly 12 ounces of black coffee. If I drink any less, I can’t function. If I drink any more, I can’t focus.
- My favorite television show ever is ‘The X-Files.’ While I am on the subject of television, I haven’t really watched it since 2003.
- In college, I became a member of the sorority Alpha Sigma Tau.
- Currently, I have a minor obsession with feta cheese. One of my favorite snacks/side dishes at the moment is lightly-buttered peas topped with feta and black pepper.
- My husband and I boycotted the Super Bowl yesterday. Instead, we walked to happy hour at our favorite local café, and asked to be seated away from the televisions. I love happy hour.
My nominations are (participation is optional, but know that I really appreciate your blogs!):
- Moxie Girl Productions (“Kooky Culinary Quests; Funky Physical Feats; Peculiar Painting Projects”)
- Angry Pumpkin Out of Control (Musings on Motherhood, Human Connections, Karma and Community Activism)
- Pages and Pictures (“Book and Movie Reviews. Mostly Books”)
- WildMoo Books (“Just books, no bull. Blogging about books read, libraries visited, and other bookish stuff.”)
- Candice’s Compendium of Curiosities (Recipes, DIY Projects, Book Reviews, Reflections on Life)